Thursday, July 28, 2011

katimavik... a week from today!

Hey everyone,
So, I've had a couple people show interest in me writing a blog about my Katimavik experiences, and I've decided that I'm gonna see what I can do! It may not be as in-depth as some other blogs that I've seen around, and it may get ignored for a bit too, but we'll see where it takes us!

So, for everyone who doesn't know, I'm Kaitlyn, and I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. I've been accepted as a replacement for the Katimavik program for the July to December, 2011 program. And let me tell you... I am more excited than you could imagine!

I think it all really hit me yesterday, while I was reading Kyra's blog ( check it out ), that this new phase in my life is actually about to begin. That I'm leaving for Quebec in a week's time, leaving my home behind, to live with a bunch of people my age that I've never met before and who have been living together for already a month.

It's a scary thought.

However, due to some boredom and snooping on facebook, I actually managed to locate my group, and have been talking to some of the girls who are in my group! They all seem very nice, and I know already that there is a Harry Potter nerd with them. P: I get the feeling that once the initial shock is over, I'll fit in seamlessly with the rest of the team. (:

I've begun my list of things to bring, and ( yes mom, you were right ) that won't include a new laptop. I'm not too fussy though. I'm sure I'll be able to communicate all I want with the group's computer. c: As for other things, I have yet to buy new jeans, and I still need to finish making my list. What is the fall like in BC?! I'll worry about that hurdle when I get to it, I suppose.

And that's about it for my first entry!

Seven days, holy craaaaap.

- Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment