Friday, August 5, 2011

my katimafamily and the house: i'm here!

Like you can guess from the title, I have officially arrived in Montreal after a flight at 6 in the morning (read: having to wake up at 3) to Toronto, and then from Toronto to Montreal. The flights were good! Once getting through security in NL I panicked a bit, having  not flown by myself before but it all turned out relatively well.

My Project Coordinator picked me up from the airport and that commenced my journey to my house for the next two months, to meet my new family! I was extremely excited, despite being tired from the flight.

After being welcomed by the current House Managers, Jamie and Mikayla, I helped cut vegetables for supper and took a nap. Once I got up everyone else began trickling in, and I met them all pretty much one by one, which was nice.

Once supper was eaten, we had all shared our French / English word of the day and dishes were (mostly all) cleaned, we left for the metro, or the subway, and then took a walk up Mount Royal, from where you can see a beautiful view of Montreal. It was magnifique!

After the trek back to the house, and after four blisters, I went right to sleep. The heat completely knocked me out.

This morning, I was shown different possibilities for my work placement. I'm actually super excited; all three of the possible organizations seem like they are doing some really great things.

After grabbing a quick shower, I'm now writing this blog, and intend on taking a nice nap. I've been yawning since twelve.

Til next time!
And hopefully I'll get more creative next time too, rather than basically dictating my itenerary.
- Kaitlyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment